Also known as Paradise Reef, Paraiso
Sea (Salt water)
Coral Reef, Sand, Pinnacle
10.5 m (avg)
25 m (max)
There's a lot of life to see here! Expect to see hermit crabs, spiny lobsters, octopuses, eels, yellow stingrays, splendid toadfish, seahorses, parrotfish, cuttlefish, skates, barracuda, anemones, puffers, seahorses, sea cucumbers, eagle rays, and grunts. There is a good display of corals and sponges here too.
This reef is a popular night dive. Be sure to wave your arms about to stir up the bioluminescence.
Depending upon the current, this can make a pleasant drift dive. At times there is little current here, but when it picks up it can limit the enjoyment of the dive for less experienced divers. Be sure to check with a local guide if you're unsure.
The site is south of where the large cruise ships dock outside Cozumel town.
Dives at this site
- Night Dive by Christopher Hook 2 years ago
- Paraiso Bajo by Markus 2 years ago
- Night Dive at Paradise Reef by Kristen M Angel 5 years ago
- Paraiso Bajo by Dave Sullivan 5 years ago
- Drift Dive Cozumel by Brandon Whiteman 11 years ago
- Cozumel Reef by Brandon Whiteman 11 years ago
- Cozumel Refresher by Brandon Whiteman 11 years ago